5 Indians Who Scored at an top International Platform.
There are other Indians too who scored in an international match but this is our top 5 picks.
- Asian Games
GOLD MEDAL – 1951
5. In 1951 Delhi Asian Games final match against Iran, Sahu Mewalal’s brilliant effort helped India to seal the victory.
- GOLD MEDAL – 1962
4. PK Banerjee & Jarnail Singh’s dual effort thrashed South Korea in the Cup final. India won their second Gold Medal in the 1962 Jakarta Asian Games.
- BRONZE MEDAL – 1970
3. In 19th December, 1970 Manjit Singh was the goal scorer for India in the Third-Place match against Japan. After losing the silver match against Burma, This win secured India’s Bronze medal in the competition.
- Olympics- 1956
2. In the 1956 Melbourne Olympics India faced the host nation Australia. In this nail beaten match Neville D’Souza’s hat-trick helped India beat Australia by 4-2 margin. He is the first Indian to score a hat-trick in the Olympics. However, India lost 0-3 to Bulgaria and finished 4th.
- Jackson Singh Thounaojam scores the historic goal for India in the 82nd minutes of the game against Columbia. This is India’s first ever goal in the FIFA Competition. Sadly India lost the match by 2-1, but the way these young lads played in this competition made sure that this list will be getting longer in future.